Monday 16 August 2010

Halloween in the USA?

Well it seems that I may be spending my first Halloweein in the USA, if all goes according to plan. I have already spent some of the major holidays over there; Thanksgiving was first up in 2007 and apart from not having to worry about gifts, I found it all pretty much like Christmas. I've also spent Christmas, New Years and 4th July in the past. The problem with going is the amount of time I have spent there in the last 3 years, and the duration of my propsed stay. Since November 2007 I have spent a total of approximately 9 months in the USA, split over 4 trips. The last time I went was for 4 weeks over Christmas and New Year 2009 and the immigration service at my POE got rather suspicious of me. The initial Cutoms Official I dealt with decided that she couldn't make the call and I was sent off to wait for two hours before being quizzed by another official, almost missing my connecting flight. It was incredibly nerve wracking. I'm an honest person with no intention of staying in the USA illeglly, but they don't know me from Adam so I can understand their suspicions. It just makes me rather nervous about travelling there again. Even having bank and mortgage statements to show, how does one prove beyond a doubt that they intend to leave the country again once the scheduled trip is over? I think it's going to be a case of gathering what paperwork I can, crossing my fingers, and hoping for the best.


Card/Invitation

Greeting Card

Card







Candy Swag Bag

Candy Swag Bag

Trick or Treat bags

Swag Bag

Witch Bag

Bag








Witchy magnet

Witchy Magnet

Bummper Sticker

No comments: