Friday 27 August 2010

Zombie Invasion

I came across this somewhere online, a paper detailing the mathematical modelling of a zombie invasion by Jarett Diamond.  Very amusing (in my mind at least), here's an extract:

"The Zombie Invasion scenario has been a common trope in American popular culture for
decades. In one version, the outbreak begins with a mutant virus introduced to a small
population of humans. The virus kills those whom it infects, and after a period of time, causes
them to rise from the dead with an insatiable hunger for human flesh. Decaying mockeries of
human life, these walking undead are insensible to cold, heat, fatigue, or fear. Mindless, they
possess only the most basic instinct to feed upon the living."

Read the whole paper here.

Considering my recent sleeping problems, I kinda feel like a zombie myself, lol.







No comments: